Landell - Multimedia Streaming Tool
Landell is an audio and video streamer that receives streams from several sources (V4L2, Firewire, ALSA, Pulseaudio, files...) and sends a stream using Icecast or to files (Vorbis+Theora). It has a graphical interface that shows preview and allows applying dynamic effects and configuring stream.
Landell is developed in Python, GStreamer and GTK+, and is licensed as GPLv2.0 or later.
Landell v0.91 [2011/05/23]: sltv-0.91.tar.gz
Release notes for v0.91:
- Distributes scalable icon.
- Uses decodebin2 for HTTP input source.
- Uses livekeeper element for HTTP input, so it does not lock the pipeline when it disconnects.
Landell v0.90 [2011/05/12]: sltv-0.90.tar.gz
Release notes for v0.90:
- It is possible to stop a single output at a time.
- Audio source may be changed while playing.
- Videotest sources may have its size configured for test purposes. :-)
- v4l2src element PAR fixup.
- Uses videomixer2. This requires gst-plugins-good 0.10.26 or later.
- HTTP sources support. This will allow Landell to be distributed.
SLTV v0.9 [2010/07/28]: sltv-0.9.tar.gz
Release notes for v0.9:
- Watermark support;
- Videobalance setting support;
- Filters of class "Filter/Video" are now available as effects;
- Solved lock problems with DV using multiqueue after dv demuxing;
- Solved more lock problems using multiqueue in the preview_tee;
- Fixed error that occurred after a source was removed;
- Previews are set to sync=False;
- Working again without output if there is no audio source (fixes bug #29);
- Fixed month in metadata;
- Changed sensitivity of output stop button to reflect it's not implemented.
SLTV v0.8 [2010/06/08]: sltv-0.8.tar.gz
Release notes for v0.8:
- Thumbnails for the video inputs;
- Picture in picture;
- Improved UI to pipeline settings;
- Metadata support;
- Better performance in DV video;
- Support for VP8 encoding;
- Filechooser selecting the right file path (fixes bug #20);
- Fixed audio syncronization problems (fixes bug #23).
SLTV v0.7 [2010/05/14]: sltv-0.7.tar.gz
Release notes for v0.7:
- Volume setting;
- Audiorate configuration;
- Audio encoding configuration (bitrate and quality);
- Improved main UI;
- Optional recording of raw DV file;
- Split between encoding and output, allowing one encoding to be used for several outputs;
- Font and position config for text overlay;
- Accepting decimals in framerate and converting them to a proper fraction (fixes bug #21).
SLTV v0.6.1 [2010/03/23]: sltv-0.6.1.tar.gz
Release notes for v0.6.1:
- Created desktop file to allow some desktop environments to show an entry in the menu for SLTV;
- Fixed bug #6 (Changing to effects that have a different colorspace than the current doesn't work)
SLTV v0.6 [2010/03/16]: sltv-0.6.tar.gz
Release notes for v0.6:
- Support for multiple simultaneous outputs;
- Each output has its own configurations, including encoding configurations;
- Support for lenny versions of gstreamer and python;
- Many cosmetic changes in interface;
- Removed encoding UI, meaning all outputs use ogg theora + vorbis;
- Changed many defaults in settings.
SLTV v0.5 [2010/03/03]: sltv-0.5.tar.gz
Release notes for v0.5:
- building with Autotools;
- audio sources selection;
- registered sources can be edited;
- persistence of registered sources;
- new audio sources(ALSA, Pulseaudio);
- test sources separation;
- several bug fixes;
Debian (Sid) repository:
deb http://debian.holoscopio.com/sltv/ ./ deb-src http://debian.holoscopio.com/sltv/ ./
Git repository:(see the sumary)
Documentation and other informations are available in the project's Wiki:
Development and discussion
Development mailling list:
Jabber conference room: xmpp:firstname.lastname@example.org
You can download gstreamer-hplugins, one of the dependencies, here:gstreamer-hplugins-0.2.0.tar.gz